UPS shutdown happens how?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 16:34:49 UTC 2015

On Tue, 02 Jun 2015 08:52:50 -0700
Gordon Messmer wrote:

> If you're not running a GNOME session, I don't think the GNOME power
> settings will be relevant to you.  GNOME manages power in
> gnome-settings-daemon.

That doesn't seem reasonable. It wouldn't shut down the system
unless someone was actually logged in if gnome-settings-daemon
were responsible for noticing the power failure. (Of course,
I could also believe gnome is silly enough to work that way,
but I had hoped some other party was responsible for handling
the power failure whenever it happened to occur).