gsl

Patrick Dupre pdupre at gmx.com
Thu Jun 4 08:39:00 UTC 2015

 Patrick DUPRÉ                                 | | email: pdupre at gmx.com
 Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosphère | |
 Université du Littoral-Côte d'Opale           | |
 Tel.  (33)-(0)3 28 23 76 12                   | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
 189A, avenue Maurice Schumann                 | | 59140 Dunkerque, France

> Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2015 at 1:00 AM
> From: "Rick Stevens" <ricks at alldigital.com>
> To: "Community support for Fedora users" <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
> Subject: Re: gsl
>
> On 06/03/2015 03:53 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
> > On 06/03/2015 03:19 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> >> Execution:
> >> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> >>
> >> it is linked with gsl and math library.
> >> I guess that there is an issue either with the c code or with the binary
> >> library.
> >
> > Well, looking at the code, you're passing "T_", which is uninitialized.
> > Not knowing the API for gsl_multifit_fsolver_alloc(), I have no idea
> > what params it's expecting, but that's a pretty good one to start
> > looking at.
>
> In fact, there's two possibilities...passing in an uninitialized pointer
> is suspect, and if the function is supposed to fill in whatever that's
> pointing at with a value is also a problem as you've declared it as a
> "const", meaning you can't assign data to it at run time.

That is right.
I tried to not set it const, but it is the same result.
I tried to have a look in the code, but I did not understand what is going on.
I did not find any example.
Actually, I made similar things to that is proposed for
gsl_multifit_fdfsolver
which do not suffer from this allocation issue.

Who is in charge of this package?

Thank.