F22: Touchpad and Middle click

Marco Guazzone marco.guazzone at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 07:49:11 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 10:41 PM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
<bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:

> On 04/06/15 15:19, Marco Guazzone wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've installed F22 on a Dell E5430 laptop.
>> I've noted the following behavior upon text selection:
>> - with an external mouse, the middle works as expected, that it pastes
>> the currently selected text
>> - with the touchpad (which has two buttons), the simultaneous pressing
>> of left and right buttons does not paste the selected text as I expect
>> (until F21 it worked)
>>
>> I've tried both on GNOME, XFCE and Cinnamon.
>>
>> I don't know if this may be a consequence of using libinput as described
>> here:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/LibinputForXorg
>>
>> I've found similar questions in the AskFedora and FedoraForum sites,
>> but for both there is no answer yet.
>>
>> Anyway, does anybody have a tip to solve this issue?
>>
>> Thank you very much for the help
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Marco
>
> .
> From my notes:
>
> 2015-04-23
>
> This worked in F-22 beta - I just add the following and reboot. It's good
> until some update changes it back to the default.
>
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf
>
> Section "InputClass"
>       Identifier "middle button emulation class"
>       MatchIsPointer "on"
>       Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
>       Driver "evdev"
>     EndSection

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the suggestion.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work.
1. I've created that file and put the content you suggested
2. I've reboot the system
3. After logging in, I've tried to select & paste with touchpad from
the terminal:
- with XFCE terminal, the effect is like a right-click followed by a
left-click (i.e., it opens a new terminal window)
- with XTerm, the effect is a "do nothing"

I'm considering to report a bug, unless someone tells me this is a new
feature of F22

Cheers,

Marco