F22: Touchpad and Middle click

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Jun 4 20:41:19 UTC 2015

On 04/06/15 15:19, Marco Guazzone wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed F22 on a Dell E5430 laptop.
> I've noted the following behavior upon text selection:
> - with an external mouse, the middle works as expected, that it pastes
> the currently selected text
> - with the touchpad (which has two buttons), the simultaneous pressing
> of left and right buttons does not paste the selected text as I expect
> (until F21 it worked)
>
> I've tried both on GNOME, XFCE and Cinnamon.
>
> I don't know if this may be a consequence of using libinput as described here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/LibinputForXorg
>
> I've found similar questions in the AskFedora and FedoraForum sites,
> but for both there is no answer yet.
>
> Anyway, does anybody have a tip to solve this issue?
>
> Thank you very much for the help
>
> Best,
>
> Marco
.
 From my notes:

2015-04-23

This worked in F-22 beta - I just add the following and reboot. It's
good until some update changes it back to the default.

/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf

Section "InputClass"
       Identifier "middle button emulation class"
       MatchIsPointer "on"
       Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
       Driver "evdev"
     EndSection