workstation spin

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Mon Jun 8 08:44:49 UTC 2015

The live distribution gives you no software selection option, indeed. You may use the network install (e.g. http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/fedora/linux/releases/22/Workstation/x86_64/iso/Fedora-Workstation-netinst-x86_64-22.iso). It gives you back a "virtual DVD“. Not as detailed as it previously used to be.

> Also, didn't like the server option, since tried it on another machine, and it
> didn't install the graphical desktop??
>
> Even doing an update you have to say nonproduction (?)
>
> Perhaps there is an option to still do this, but the default download I got
> seemed to be very limited.

There is a net install option as well which might give you more options. Haven’t tried yet.

Best
Peter

—
Dr. Peter Boy
Universität Bremen
Mary-Somerville-Str. 5
28359 Bremen
Germany

pb at zes.uni-bremen.de
www.zes.uni-bremen.de

Are you looking for a web content management system for scientific research organizations?
Have a look at http://www.scientificcms.org