nvidia driver

François Patte francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr
Mon Jun 8 16:45:25 UTC 2015

Le 05/06/2015 17:56, Joachim Backes a écrit :
> On 06/05/2015 04:22 PM, Peter Thermometer wrote:
>>> I tried to install akmod-nvidia-304xx in order to have the nvidia driver
>>> compiled, but, nothing happens! driver is not compiled neither at the
>>> install of akmod-nvidia-304xx nor when I reboot the system...
>>>
>>> Yes, gcc etc. are installed, yes kernel-headers are installed...
>>
>> kernel-devel also installed?
>> I had problems too with akmod, and it turned out I was just missing kernel-devel.
>> After that everything worked

I think that it was the problem... Now it works, but yum installed also
kmod-nvidia, which seems to me as something useless if akmod is supposed
to compile the module on the fly if it is missing or if a new kernel is
installed...

BTW why kernem-devel package is not in the dependencies of akmod and/or
of dkms?

> Did you install dkms?

Yes dkms was installed when I posted the first message.

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique