Clone SD card -

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Mon Jun 8 23:10:23 UTC 2015

On 06/08/2015 03:54 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 02:58:09PM -0400, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
>>

>> On 08/06/15 14:50, Fred Smith wrote:
>>> Are you choosing the correct desktop on the login screen?
>> .
>>
>> It appears to be an ersatz login screen, there's no option for
>> selecting anything but the user.
>>
>> It is Fedora 21 ARM but it boots from something called "berryboot."
>> The only thing I've found so far that seems to work well. I imagine
>> eventually there will be something better but it's what I have
>> today. If nothing else it's a learning exercise ...
>
> then I'm fresh out of ideas. I haven't a clue about the ARM
> version. If there's nothing else you can click on the login
> screen, then I"d guess there's something configurable, somewhere.
> Or not.

BerryBoot is just the RPI equivalent of grub or lilo. Once F21 is
booted, then berryboot is pretty much out of the picture.

The login screen is part of the X display manager (gdm, lightdm, etc.)
which would be responsible for offering the various desktops as well as
offering the different users you could log in as.