dnf nonlocal update

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Tue Jun 9 20:23:29 UTC 2015

On 06/09/2015 04:52 AM, Robert Dady wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 computers: "A" has F22 and 3G cell phone Internet connection
> with a limited data plan, "B" has Windows7 / Ubuntu 15.04 / F22 Live and
> broadband Internet connection.
>
> I want "A" make a (dnf) list of packages of available updates, which I
> could download on "B" and install them offline on "A" from a USB stick.
>
> Is it feasible?

Sure. One way would be to create a local repo. I'd set aside a
partition on B and creating the local repo on that partition. Then you
could copy the RPMs you need on A from this local repo onto the USB
stick and do a local update on A.

Instructions on creating a local repo:

	http://dotancohen.com/howto/yum_repo.html

-   I haven't lost my mind.  It's backed up on tape somewhere, but   -
-                       probably not recoverable.                    -