workstation spin

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 9 23:17:05 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 09, 2015 at 10:40:03PM +0000, Amadeus W.M. wrote:
> I understand the parsimony of the live image, but why isn't there a
> full fledged workstation iso available anymore? Or is there and I
> just missed it?

There's no reasonble way to distribute media with all of the software
that someone might consider a necessary part of "full fledged". It just
ends up being a game of "why doesn't this have what I want, and why
does it have this other thing I don't instead?" And, since we tend to
have a lot of updates, it's nice to get whatever's freshest when you go
to first install it, rather than install and update.

Maybe we can step back a bit here. What are you trying to accomplish?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>