f22: how to change default gateway via line command

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 12 05:50:48 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-10 at 09:16 +0200, J.Witvliet at mindef.nl wrote:
> Anything you do on the command line, is volatile thus won't survive a
> reboot.
> It is tempting to catch any manually settings in a script, running
> after startup has completed.
> Often this works, though with network-settings there is a catch22...
> If you use dhcp, and the lease-renewal comes around, your manual (or
> scripted) settings, like v4/v6 addresses, (default-)routing,
> dns/ntp-settings are gone.
> Mostly dhcp-settings are set to one or several days, so it seems
> static,
> But when you set on the dhcp-server the lease-time to 5 minutes, you
> see the effects.

When fighting with DHCP servers, you've got two best bets:  Disable your
DHCP client, and use fully manual settings.  Or, modify your DHCP client
configuration.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.19.8-100.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Tue May 12 17:42:35 UTC 2015 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.