managing the swap space size on fedora

Angelo Moreschini mrangelo.fedora at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 14:01:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

I need to adjust the swap space of my computer, and using the commands
lsblk e swapon -s :

I got the following output
- =-=-=-=-=-=-

[angelo_dev at localhost ~]$ *sudo lsblk*

NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT

sda 8:0 0 931.5G 0 disk

├─sda1 8:1 0 500M 0 part /boot

└─sda2 8:2 0 931G 0 part

├─fedora_localhost-swap 253:0 0 7.8G 0 lvm [SWAP]

├─fedora_localhost-root 253:1 0 50G 0 lvm /

└─fedora_localhost-home 253:2 0 873.2G 0 lvm /home

sr0 11:0 1 1024M 0 rom

[angelo_dev at localhost ~]$ *swapon -s*

Filename Type Size Used Priority

/dev/dm-0 partition 8126460 0 -1

- =-=-=-=-=-=-

 This makes me think that the swap space on my computer resides on the
partition / dev / dm-0, which is 'managed by LVM, and' of about 8 GB.

The RAM of the computer and 'GB, and I would initially try to bring the
swap space to 16 GB (after I might try other values ....).

 Since the swap partition and 'managed by LVM should not be hard to change
its size, but it is still fairly inexperienced *I would get a little help
to do this.*

Regards

thank you

Angelo