workstation spin

Paul Franklin pf.rhlists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 00:23:49 UTC 2015

On 6/14/15, Amadeus W.M. <amadeus84 at verizon.net> wrote:
> Sorry for the delayed response. What I'm saying is that if there is a
> live workstation iso, then there should be also a full workstation iso
> that contains the development suite (as we know it from the recent past).
> I understand the development suite cannot/need not be included in the
> live iso, but it certainly can be included on a 4.3G dvd. And people can
> download the image and install without the media, as I've been doing for
> as long as that method has been available.
>
> This is just my preference, because I feel more comfortable having all
> the packages I need on my local disk first, then install from there, so I
> don't depend on the network during install. But, if the trend is to
> provide a minimal install, then I guess we'll just have to live with that.

I too have been downloading the image and installing without
burning it onto any media, for years now, so I would like to
"second" the request for a full DVD image again, for things
other than Server.

In my case, I have an extremely slow network at home and
therefore download my Fedora images elsewhere, so being
forced to do a "network" install now is a real drag.

(I posted a related question to the list about five days ago
but there has been no reply so I'm beginning to assume it
is no longer possible, for whatever reasons.)