turn off monitors when logged out

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jun 18 10:42:00 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-17 at 12:11 -0500, SternData wrote:
> Why oh why is this so hard?
>
> It used to work, pre-F22.

I've not used anything beyond Fedora 20, yet.  But the settings for my
login have never been applied to anything once I've logged out.  And why
should they, I'm not logged in.

It could be that some other desktops (I use Gnome or Mate) may allow you
to configure default system settings as well as your own.  If they asked
you to provide a root password when setting the configuration, it seems
likely.

As far as screen savers go, yes it was annoying about losing the slide
shows, but I got them back with mate and Fedora 20 (at least).  I may as
well get some entertainment from my computer while it's sitting on my
desk not really doing much.  And for those who have computers in a
business setting, it was a simple way to run random product adverts.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.19.8-100.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Tue May 12 17:42:35 UTC 2015 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.