No IP 4 address setup no loopback interface

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jun 22 04:31:58 UTC 2015

I am still investigating this, but I have an f22 laptop that is only
getting an IP6 address set up on the loopback interface. I noticed this
because I run a local resolver on 127.0.0.1 and connections to it stopped
working over night (after a reboot). The was a NetworkManager update before
the reboot where things stopped working, so that seems to be the mostly
change that triggered the problem. I'll be able to reboot another f22
machine tomorrow and also should have time to try downgrading
NetworkManager to confirm whether or not that update is really causing the
problem. (And file a bug and give negative karma if appropriate.)