[OT] HP Officejet Pro 8620

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Tue Jun 23 21:14:09 UTC 2015

On 06/23/2015 12:04 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
> On 06/23/2015 11:31 AM, g wrote:
>>

>> On 06/23/2015 04:44 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
>> <<>>
>>
>>> I use KeePassX and carry its db file around on a USB thumb drive on
>>> my keychain. I also have it on my Android phone, just in case and
>>> there's versions of it around for danged near any OS/phone/tablet
>>> around.
>> .
>> great minds think alike. :-D
>
> Well, YOUR mind might be great, mine is a bit fuzzy and wonky!
>>
>> i carry around a pny 64G0 usb memory with legal docs, birth and death
>> certificates, passwords, moz bookmarks and address book in moz format,
>> html, and text, along with a few other important files. all of which
>> is in an encrypted file.
>>
>> yes, i well remember how to decrypt file. ;-)
>>
>> a long time friend uses his cellphone for his carry around 'vault'
>> as he calls it.
>>
>> i went to KeePassX.org to read what it is about. and liked what i
>> read, so i now have KeePassX installed on my 64 bit tower to read
>> up on later.
>
> Good deal! It seems to have a pretty wide availability.
>
>> thanks for passing that along.
>>
>> it is a shame that it is not available in 32 bit so i could install
>> it on my 32 bit laptop. :-(
>
> It's pretty easy to build from the source tarball if you've ever done
> that sort of thing before. If not, I can try to build it for you. Email
> me offline with your laptop's config (OS, desktop, etc.) and I'll see
> what I can do.

Actually, there IS a 32-bit version available via dnf/yum/whatever. Not
sure which repo it's in, but looking at kernel.org's stuff, I see the
RPM at

	http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/22/Everything/i386/os/Packages/k/keepassx-0.4.3-11.fc22.i686.rpm

So you could:

	$ cd /tmp
	$ wget
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/22/Everything/i386/os/Packages/k/keepassx-0.4.3-11.fc22.i686.rpm
	$ sudo dnf install keepassx-0.4.3-11.fc22.i686.rpm

If you want to build it from the tarball, you need the C++ tools,
the qt-devel RPM, the libXtst-devel RPM and probably others as well. You
could also install the source RPM and hope it pulls in all the
requirements.
-    "Hello. My PID is Inigo Montoya.  You `kill -9'-ed my parent    -
-                     process.  Prepare to vi."                      -