[OT] HP Officejet Pro 8620

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 24 14:25:38 UTC 2015

On 06/24/2015 06:28 AM, g wrote:
> On 06/24/2015 12:42 AM, Tim wrote:
<<>>
>> Do you test it from time to time?  I wonder about the longevity of
>> flash drives, particularly when in a static-creating environment.  I
>> know some don't last long very well, but whether that's just down to
>> self-decay, or accelerated by external factors, I don't know.
> .
> good question.
>
> best answers i can give are;
>
>  1- nope.
>  2- it is a metal enclosed, approx 30.0 mm x 12.0 mm x 4.0 mm, around
>      an inner plastic housing that has a key-fob with a 35.0 mm long
>      loop cord.
>  3- i have a directory on my system hdd that i write into to build
>      what i want to carry with me. when i update, i 'rsync' from hdd
>      to usb, then i 'du -sb' hdd directory, then same for usb and
>      compare the 2.
>
> granted, such does not give a byte for byte check, but when my
> 'round2it' rolls to it, i hope to come up with good a way to run a
> checksum of a directory path to verify what is on usb drive to what
> is on hdd.  [accepting suggestions]

hhmmm.

every go to sleep thinking about something, then wake up thinking
about it and answer hits you?

as long as i am zipping and encrypting personal data to a file, i
may just as well zip non personal files. then i have 2 files that
i can create checksums for on hdd and copy them to usb flash drive.

to take it 1 step further, run checksums for the checksums. ;-)

--

peace out.

-+-
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6