Firefox scrollbar problem

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sat Jun 27 21:17:18 UTC 2015

Suvayu Ali writes:

> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 05:34:07PM -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> >
> > This seems to explain why Firefox's scrollbar acquired the obnoxious
> > behavior of the left mouse button click resulting in the scroll position
> > jumping directly to the click point, instead of advancing only by a single
> > page. It's now necessary to use the right mouse button to do the same thing
> > that the left mouse button used to do.
>
> I use Firefox Nightly (not Fedora provided of course), and I do not see
> the behaviour you describe, still the old behaviour.  Are you sure it's
> not something else?
>
> My FF version: 41.0a1 (2015-06-27)

Since I'm using the Fedora version, the best person to answer this question
would be whoever packages Firefox. I'm too lazy to look at the patches in
the srpm.

Having absolutely zero knowledge of that, my semi-educated guess would be
that Mozilla's nightly build targets GTK2, while the Fedora Firefox package
targets GTK3.

Which would be the right decision for Fedora, without doubt. Presuming that
this is the case, the problem is not that Firefox is targetting GTK3 in
Fedora. The real problem is that Gnome has jumped the shark.