Replacing cpu

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 28 07:48:07 UTC 2015

On 06/27/2015 07:45 PM, jd1008 wrote:
> On 06/27/2015 05:59 PM, g wrote:
>> what is 'sensors' telling you about temp and speed?
> I had no chance to even start lmsensors.
> It was a first boot after install of fc20.
>
> Also, found:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nice-Non-Contact-LCD-IR-Laser-Infrared-Digital-Temperature-Thermometer-Gun-FO-/291326656758?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item43d46c00f6
> USD9.41
.
that can work also.

do be aware, because these thermometers are cheap, that are not as
accurate as higher priced thermometers.

what ever you get, check it for high and low readings.

ice = 32.0 °F | 00.00 °C. water boiling point = 211.9 °F | 99.97 °C

check both ends for both °F & °C to see which is more accurate.

even if off a little, for sure, more accurate than a finger. ;-)

after, you should get lmsensors working so you do not have to keep
getting out thermometer.

you might also consider loading 'xsensors' to run in a window.

--

peace out.

-+-
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6