Replacing cpu

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 17:03:54 UTC 2015

On 06/28/2015 01:48 AM, g wrote:

> On 06/27/2015 07:45 PM, jd1008 wrote:
>> On 06/27/2015 05:59 PM, g wrote:
>>> what is 'sensors' telling you about temp and speed?
>> I had no chance to even start lmsensors.
>> It was a first boot after install of fc20.
>>
>> Also, found:
>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nice-Non-Contact-LCD-IR-Laser-Infrared-Digital-Temperature-Thermometer-Gun-FO-/291326656758?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item43d46c00f6
>> USD9.41
> .
> that can work also.
>
> do be aware, because these thermometers are cheap, that are not as
> accurate as higher priced thermometers.
>
> what ever you get, check it for high and low readings.
>
> ice = 32.0 °F | 00.00 °C. water boiling point = 211.9 °F | 99.97 °C
Thanx G.
I have an electronic digital thermometer, the tip of which is inserted
into the boiling water.
At my location, it reported that boiling water is at 204 °F
We are only at about 4250 feet above sea level.
So I  think the thermometer is fibbing :)

> check both ends for both °F & °C to see which is more accurate.
>
> even if off a little, for sure, more accurate than a finger. ;-)
>
> after, you should get lmsensors working so you do not have to keep
> getting out thermometer.
>
> you might also consider loading 'xsensors' to run in a window.
I will be running lmsensores before I hit the sack tonight and
check in the morning. But first, I will check to be sure that
BIOS is at latest rev, and will disable APIC in grub.cfg.

By the way, in fc20, I do not see which package can let me
set the frequency of the 2 cores.
On another machine I had tested (Dell E6500) on fc22, I recall
there was such a package.
But I just do not recall it's name.