Thunderbird blinking browser notice -

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jun 29 14:47:12 UTC 2015

On 06/29/15 22:22, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

> On 29/06/15 08:40, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>> Don't know what else I am doing differently but I don't think I'm doing anything that I would expect to cause it.
>> No blinking...
>>
>> The cursor isn't picked up very well in this VBox video.  I'd have to play with the settings a bit.  But here is what I see.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/owpp9qh
>>
>> --
>

> Interesting to see, and as you say, No Blinking.
>
> But what is "Google-Plus-Mozilla Thunderbird? It may not be identical to Thunderbird 38.0.1 installed via dnf ...

Google-Plus is simply the name of the folder the messages are in as opposed to "Inbox".  This is 100% standard Fedora install.

> Whatever, as is often the case, my problem is unique. No one else has complained or acknowledged it. You gave it a good shot, thanks,

There are a couple of folks lists that do a fair amount of "customization" to their systems resulting in others not being able to reproduce their problems/issues.  Many times, I'm not saying you, they leave out meaningful info as to what they have done or changed.  Unfortunately developers can't test out all combinations.  FWIW, I've identified several desktop themes from the KDE4 days that cause the plasmashell of KDE5 to freeze under certain circumstances.  The fix for that is, Don't use those Themes.  :-)

--
Sorta what I want to say when folks habitually complain about Fedora - https://youtu.be/ZArl8fTfub4