Thunderbird blinking browser notice -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Jun 29 16:12:53 UTC 2015

On 29/06/15 10:47, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Google-Plus is simply the name of the folder the messages are in as opposed to "Inbox".  This is 100% standard Fedora install.
>> >
>> >Whatever, as is often the case, my problem is unique. No one else has complained or acknowledged it. You gave it a good shot, thanks,
>> >

> There are a couple of folks lists that do a fair amount of "customization" to their systems resulting in others not being able to reproduce their problems/issues.  Many times, I'm not saying you, they leave out meaningful info as to what they have done or changed.  Unfortunately developers can't test out all combinations.
.

Yes, I understand this. My systems are always configured to look the
same from version to version as much as possible. I pretty much keep
making the same "changes" based on my notes and a lot of saved files. I
don't recall when this problem started, I ignored it at first.

I just booted Fedora 21 on the other computer and started Firefox 38.0.5
and Thunderbird 37.0.1, clicking on the same URL in t-bird does not
produce any sort of notification in Thunderbird. It occurs to me that
F-21 has not been updated recently, guess I'd better do that. But as it
stands the "browser notification feature" appears to have been
introduced with F-22.

I updated F-21, it still runs Thunderbird 37.0.1 and there is no change,
still no "notification."

I am keeping F-21 since with SeaMonkey it can print downloaded crossword
puzzles that require Flash, something I can no longer do in Firefox.

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD