Thunderbird blinking browser notice -

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jun 29 21:33:56 UTC 2015

On 06/30/15 00:12, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
> Yes, I understand this. My systems are always configured to look the same from version to version as much as possible. I pretty much keep making the same "changes" based on my notes and a lot of saved files. I don't recall when this problem started, I ignored it at first.

And therein lies the problem.   If this happened after an update you'd easily be able to back-out the changes and determine which one made the difference.  Since the flashing is happening in a "system" panel it is may be a change to a xfce component rather than anything related to T-Bird, IMO.

One thing you can do, if you have time on your hands.  :-)

Install F22 from a Live image to a VM.  Make the changes to your system to get the look you want.  Take a "snapshot" of the working system.  Then do a "distro-sync" and confirm you get a blinking notice.  If you do, restore the "snapshot" and then start selectively updating packages.

--
Sorta what I want to say when folks habitually complain about Fedora - https://youtu.be/ZArl8fTfub4