akmod Nvidia dependencies

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jun 30 14:28:13 UTC 2015

On 06/30/15 22:21, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 7:50 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com <mailto:pocallaghan at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     My only "fix" (really a workaround) was to run the process manually,
>     when dnf wasn't locking it out. There's clearly a race of some kind
>     with the normal installation process.
>

> What's interesting here is that the shutdown service or start service should catch this, UNLESS, it doesn't catch the situation where the compilation completes but the install does not...
>
> Do you have both/either services enabled?

I'm not familiar with a shutdown or start service.

[root at acer ~]# systemctl status shutdown
● shutdown.service
   Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
   Active: inactive (dead)
[root at acer ~]# systemctl status start
● start.service
   Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
   Active: inactive (dead

FWIW, I see the failure to install the akmod built rpms on 2 systems 100% of the time since upgrading to F22.

--
Sorta what I want to say when folks habitually complain about Fedora - https://youtu.be/ZArl8fTfub4