akmod Nvidia dependencies

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 14:30:58 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> On 06/30/15 22:21, Richard Shaw wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 7:50 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan <
> pocallaghan at gmail.com <mailto:pocallaghan at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     My only "fix" (really a workaround) was to run the process manually,
> >     when dnf wasn't locking it out. There's clearly a race of some kind
> >     with the normal installation process.
> >

> > What's interesting here is that the shutdown service or start service
> should catch this, UNLESS, it doesn't catch the situation where the
> compilation completes but the install does not...
> >
> > Do you have both/either services enabled?
> >

> I'm not familiar with a shutdown or start service.
>
> [root at acer ~]# systemctl status shutdown
> ● shutdown.service
>    Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
>    Active: inactive (dead)
> [root at acer ~]# systemctl status start
> ● start.service
>    Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
>    Active: inactive (dead
>
> FWIW, I see the failure to install the akmod built rpms on 2 systems 100%
> of the time since upgrading to F22.

Sorry, I should have been more specific, the services are called "akmods"
and "akmods-shutdown". Enabling either one should help... The shutdown one
if dnf releases the lock before you shutdown or the bootup one in case that
one fails.

$ systemctl status akmods
● akmods.service - Builds and install new kmods from akmod packages
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/akmods.service; enabled)
   Active: active (exited) since Sun 2015-06-14 11:20:19 CDT; 2 weeks 1
days ago
 Main PID: 852 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   CGroup: /system.slice/akmods.service
$ systemctl status akmods-shutdown
● akmods-shutdown.service - Builds and install new kmods from akmod packages
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/akmods-shutdown.service; enabled)
   Active: active (exited) since Sun 2015-06-14 11:20:08 CDT; 2 weeks 1
days ago
 Main PID: 876 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   CGroup: /system.slice/akmods-shutdown.service

Thanks,
Richard