gnome3 and gdm in f22

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Tue Jun 30 15:05:58 UTC 2015

Hi all F22 users,

having the following problem in F22/gdm with my ATI-Radeon video card 5400:

If logging out from a gnome3 session, it takes a very long time until
the login screen of gdm re-appears (10-20 secs). Some times I have to
restart my box because the screen remains dark after logging out (the
screen reports: no signal).

Sometimes it helps to click on the screen for getting back the login screen.

But: if running mate for example as desktop environment, the gdm screen
re-appears immediately after having logged out.

Any recipe?

Kind regards

Joachim Backes

Fedora release 22 (Twenty Two)