gnome3 and gdm in f22

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:28:09 UTC 2015

On 06/30/2015 11:05 AM, Joachim Backes wrote:
> having the following problem in F22/gdm with my ATI-Radeon video card 5400:
>
> If logging out from a gnome3 session, it takes a very long time until
> the login screen of gdm re-appears (10-20 secs). Some times I have to
> restart my box because the screen remains dark after logging out (the
> screen reports: no signal).
>
> Sometimes it helps to click on the screen for getting back the login screen.
>
> But: if running mate for example as desktop environment, the gdm screen
> re-appears immediately after having logged out.
>
> Any recipe?
>
> Kind regards
I have a radeon card & I run Mate & Fedora 22 X86_64.
I also changed from gdm to lightdm long ago, just because of issues...

http://wiki.mate-desktop.org/session

    LightDM

Install it from your distro repository. LightDM
<https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LightDM> should autodetect Mate
Desktop.

--
Paul Cartwright