Toshiba support in the kernel.

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Jun 30 17:20:36 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Heinz Diehl <htd+ml at fritha.org> wrote:
> On 30.06.2015, stan wrote:
>
>> That's the hard part of compiling a custom kernel; eliminating all the
>> irrelevant modules and functionality.  I've looked, and there doesn't
>> seem to be a program that scans the system, and only turns on hardware
>> modules for the system scanned.
>
> "make localmodconfig" is what you're after. Be aware that
> localmodconfig does exactly what you want. So if you e.g. don't have
> connected a device containing an ext4 filesystem at the moment you
> issue the command, ext4 support won't be in your new kernel.

Does localmodconfig set drivers to n such that they aren't even
compiled? Or are they m such that they are modules that are only
loaded on demand? I'm going to guess the answer is n, the point of
which is it saves a ton of compile time, not so much creating a lean
kernel (as anything not needed wouldn't be loaded anyway). Correct?

--
Chris Murphy