MATE on dual screen, put a panel on secondary screen?

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sat Mar 7 00:06:42 UTC 2015

hi all!

Experimenting with dual screens on F20 using MATE. Video card is Nvidia 9800GT
using Nvidia drivers from rpmfusion:

	kmod-nvidia.x86_64 1:331.113-1.fc20.5  @rpmfusion-nonfree-updates

So, I've got it configured, using the nvidia X-Server Settings tool and it
works nicely sofar.

But I'd kinda like trying it with a set of panels on the second screen much
like (if not identical to) those on the main screen.

But so far I've not figured out how to add a panel to the second screen.
The context menu (right-click on a panel) for "new panel" offers no options,
it just sticks it on the first screen. I can't drag it, it just seems to
want to sit there.

Can someone advise me if thereis a way to do what I want? some arcane
incantation on the commandline, perhaps?

thanks!
  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding