How to increase maximum user cpu usage allowed on a multi core system?

stan stanl-fedorauser at vfemail.net
Tue Mar 17 17:16:38 UTC 2015

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 20:56:37 +0100
Heinz Diehl <htd+ml at fritha.org> wrote:
> http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/bfs/3.0/3.18/3.18-sched-bfs-460.patch
> (BFS is designed with latency in mind, not throughput).

By significant workaround and patching in kernel/sched, I was able to
compile a kernel without FAIR_CGROUP_SCHED active.  But it wouldn't
boot Fedora, hung when getting EDID.  I think cgroups are integrated
into Fedora, and so the CFS with cgroup is required.  Thus, BFS will
probably not work in Fedora, as it has no support for cgroups.  That's
in the documentation.

Given your experience of maxing all your cores out on a kernel compile,
it shouldn't be necessary to do anything.  As you've demonstrated, it
'just works'.

Oh well, I guess I can live with it.