Fedup not working through firewall.

Robin Laing MeSat at TelusPlanet.net
Thu Mar 19 13:14:15 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have a Fedora 19 machine at work that I would like to upgrade to
Fedora 21 using fedup.  Running yum works on this machine.  Running
fedup seems to be blocked by the firewall.

How do I make fedup use the proxy server?

Searching through bugzilla, it is supposed to be fixed but in my case it
isn't working.

If I download files via the web browser they work.

Some of the log enteries:

[     4.408] (II) fedup.yum:log_grab_failure()
http://fedora.bhs.mirrors.ovh.net/linux/releases/21/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/503597f15d6c693a96558f46fbd8ebb5853b92ef528de2a7d55a4dd021162873-comps-f21.xml.xz:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden

[     4.623] (II) fedup.yum:log_grab_failure()
http://fedora.mirror.gtcomm.net/releases/21/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/503597f15d6c693a96558f46fbd8ebb5853b92ef528de2a7d55a4dd021162873-comps-f21.xml.xz:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden

[     4.804] (II) fedup.yum:log_grab_failure()
http://less.cogeco.net/fedora/linux/releases/21/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/503597f15d6c693a96558f46fbd8ebb5853b92ef528de2a7d55a4dd021162873-comps-f21.xml.xz:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden

Robin