The last eclipse-cdt update has broken my c++ perspective

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 10:28:35 UTC 2015

On Tue, 24 Mar 2015 09:38:59 +0100, luca paganotti wrote:

> Hi all, I'm searching help about the last eclipse-cdt update carried out on
> my fedora 20 box.
> It seems I'm not able anymore to load my existing c++ projects, nor create
> new ones. I've tried to uninstall and then reinstall all my eclipse
> environment few times. I've also tried to rollback to the previous yum
> transaction. The c perspective is absent. I've tried also to issue eclipse
> with the -clean switch. But no hope for the time being. The last cdt update
> is about eclipse-cdt 8.3.0-2 x86_64 and was performed on 2015-03-22.
>
> Is there someone kind to help or drive me to the right source of info?
>
> Thank you for any answer and forgive my italianish ...

Downgrading is a good idea and may help during trouble-shooting.

Create a fresh user account and try to reproduce the problem there.

Become familiar with the Fedora Updates System website
running an app called "bodhi":

  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/

Locate the update tickets that may be the culprit. In one ticket there
can be multiple packages. Perhaps you've not downgraded all related
packages. Also watch out for new test-updates that may already fix
the problem.

Finally, the links of the form

  http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/SOURCE-RPM-PACKAGE-NAME

    e.g. http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/eclipse-cdt

are a very convenient to Fedora bugzilla and other infrastructure
places, such as a list of currently open problem reports. It may be
necessary to open a ticket there, especially if you can reproduce
the problem in a fresh user account.