The last eclipse-cdt update has broken my c++ perspective

luca paganotti luca.paganotti at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 11:24:31 UTC 2015

Hi Michael, thank you for your prompt answer. I was not even able to
downgrade as my yum rollback command <transaction-id> failed. I'm in the
need to use eclipse, so I uninstalled all fedora eclipse packages and
download  an Eclipse IDE for c/c++ developers from the eclipse website, now
I have in a temporary folder a running instance of Eclipse Mars that I used
to open a little test project and it's building fine.
I've also installed bodhi-client searched on the bodhi website and found
the contents of your next email. I checked my yum repos' setup. I've a
bunch of repos, from planetccrma to jenkins, rpmfusion etc ... but no
testing or debug repos enabled.

I've created a new test user.
Issued yum install eclipse as root
Issued yum install eclipse-cdt as root

logout from my own user and then login as the new created user.
Issued eclipse & and with this new user I've the C perspective back again

Logout the new user and then login with my own.
eclipse & --> no C perspective, not possible to create new projects

I then completely removed my workspace metadata and my user eclipse setup
in .eclipse in my home folder.

Now I have the C perspective back again
I think that in some way my own setup has been compromised, but I'm not
able to say when or to tell the cause.

I think it's not worth to file a bug as the problem was with my own setup
of eclipse.

Thank you very much for your support.

Have a nice day