help - Fedup F20 to F21 through firewall

Robin Laing MeSat at TelusPlanet.net
Sun Mar 29 23:53:37 UTC 2015

Fedup won't use the proxy server where I work.

I can download packages and do yum updates by command line or yumex on
the machine for updates.

    sudo yum update

works as expected.

I cannot run fedup.  I get error messages for every server tried as 403'd.

This is from the log file.

[     4.623] (II) fedup.yum:log_grab_failure()
http://fedora.mirror.gtcomm.net/releases/21/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/503597f15d6c693a96558f46fbd8ebb5853b92ef528de2a7d55a4dd021162873-comps-f21.xml.xz:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden

I can access the archives via web browser and download files from the
sites so they are not blocked when using Firefox.

So from this, I am assuming that fedup isn't using the proxy settings in
the yum configuration files or I have something configured wrong that I
am missing.

I really don't want to have to upgrade manually again.

Robin