sticky keys

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 11:41:35 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 11:58:53PM -0600, Stuart McGraw wrote:
> And yet another problem with Fedora-21...
>
> When I press my Shift keys quickly a few times (which I often
> do unconsciously while thinking about what to type), I get a
> notification that "sticky keys have been enabled".  I then
> get a lot of odd keyboard effects such as every word typed
> being capitalized or the keyboard acting like the control key
> is permanently pressed.
>
> Googling seems to indicate this is an old problem going back
> to the mid-2000's.

It's a feature, to enable sticky keys as needed.  I had the same problem
with some older release of XFCE.  I solved it by disabling all assistive
technologies, as I do not need them.  If this is true for you too, you
can disable it by unchecking the "Enable assistive technologies" option
in the "Assistive Technologies" tab in Settings > Accesibility.

GL,

--
Suvayu