SD cafd read only -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat May 16 20:37:48 UTC 2015

On 16/05/15 16:30, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> On 16.05.2015, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
>
>> I have an micro SD card that has turned read only. I have been trying
>> everything I can find to clear it for several hours.
> Time to backup your data and to buy a new one. This happens when your SD card
> is gone bad. There's no way to recover.

The data is of no value and I ordered five more from Newegg, 16 GB
class10 on sale.

But I only have two and the other one is 64GB and I don't want to risk
it, and they tak forever to erase, the 16 takes about 23 minutes with
what is advertised as a fast USB3 reader.
My daughter decided it was hopeless and has already started a Sandisk
claim in my name.

Problem is it stops what I was doing!

Aargh!

--