No mouse in Fedora 21 -

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Tue May 19 18:18:30 UTC 2015

On 05/19/2015 10:49 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

> On 19/05/15 13:22, Rick Stevens wrote:
>>
>> Can you ssh to the box and look at the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file? Perhaps
>> a clue is lurking in there. You should also try "ctrl-alt-F2" to see
>> if you get a console login (may not work if the keyboard is really
>> botched).
> .
> Once I startx the keyboard doesn't respond, I tried "ctrl-alt-F2" early on.
>
> The log file doesn't show time of events and it's hard for me to know
> where I am in it. I'll try attaching it, I don't think the size is
> objectionable.
>
> See attached file Xorg.0.log.txt.

This bit at the end doesn't look good:

[  3152.415] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Logitech USB-PS/2
Trackball (/dev/input/mouse0)
[  3152.416] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[  3152.416] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.

So, the trackball isn't being recognized and that may hose up your
keyboard as well.

Question: Do you have an /etc/X11/xorg.conf file as well? If so, try
renaming it and restarting startx.
-     If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...     -
-              ...oh, wait.  He does.  THAT explains it!             -