Biting the bullet?

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Fri May 22 15:46:02 UTC 2015

Matthew,

Thanks! Btw, I was under the impression that I needed to have PyPDF2 (which is why I packaged it). That has version 1.24. Can I still use that?

In that case what do I do? Same as below.

Many thanks,
Ranjan

On Fri, 22 May 2015 11:22:47 -0400 Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 09:54:07AM -0500, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > $ fpaste pdf-stapler.spec
> > Uploading (2.3KiB)...
> > http://ur1.ca/mlk1u -> http://paste.fedoraproject.org/224688/30572714
>
> Hmmm, first thing here — you're asking for python3-devel but calling
> %{__python} (which is currently %{__python2}) instead of
> % %{__python3}, and you're using the python2 sitelib.
>
> > However, it "crashes" after installation:
> [...]
> > pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: pypdf==1.12
>
> We actually have pyPdf in the distro. However, it's 1.13. Try:
>
> at the top of the file:
>
>   %define         pypdfversion  1.13
>
> requires line:
>
>    Requires:       pyPdf = %{pypdfversion}
>
> (no need for BuildRequires), and then put this after %setup
>
>   for f in setup.py stapler.egg-info/requires.txt ; do
>     sed -i 's/pypdf == 1.12/pypdf == %{pypdfversion}/g' $f
>   done
>
> Having made these changes, your specfile works for me and pdf-stapler
> appears to run — at least, it does not crash.
>

> --
> Matthew Miller
> <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
> Fedora Project Leader
> --

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.