rpmbuild error on F23

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Wed Nov 4 14:20:53 UTC 2015

Michael,

> > Processing files: aNu-debuginfo-0.1-1.fc23.x86_64
> > error: Empty %files file /home/maitra/rpmbuild/BUILD/aNu-0.1/debugfiles.list
> >
> > RPM build errors:
> >     Empty %files file /home/maitra/rpmbuild/BUILD/aNu-0.1/debugfiles.list
>
> That's an indication that you build with "wrong" compiler flags, which
> don't generate debug information in the binaries:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Debuginfo_packages
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Debuginfo
>   and
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Compiler_flags

Thanks again for this link!

Reading from there, I was able to get things to "work" with the following flag:

%global debug_package %{nil}

I wonder how the debuginfo RPM was created previously using Fedora's rpmbuild for Fedora 22 and before.

How does one create debuginfo packages (is there an easy/automated way?)

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan