rpmbuild error on F23

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 11:26:27 UTC 2015

On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 22:13:08 -0600, Ranjan Maitra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been having an error on F23 with rpmbuild while building my personal rpms.
>
> Here is the error I have been having. (aNu is a terminal emulator program that I have modified from an existing source file, ie evilvte.)
>

> Processing files: aNu-debuginfo-0.1-1.fc23.x86_64
> error: Empty %files file /home/maitra/rpmbuild/BUILD/aNu-0.1/debugfiles.list
>
> RPM build errors:
>     Empty %files file /home/maitra/rpmbuild/BUILD/aNu-0.1/debugfiles.list

That's an indication that you build with "wrong" compiler flags, which
don't generate debug information in the binaries:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Debuginfo_packages
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Debuginfo
  and
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Compiler_flags