upgrade to 23 when it comes out

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Nov 4 23:43:11 UTC 2015

On 11/04/2015 03:33 PM, Porfirio Andres Paiz Carrasco wrote:
> The computer reboots, and then select the most recent kernel on your
> grub, commonly the first.
>
> And what's come is a process in which will be upgraded all of the
> packages on your system, the cleaned/removed the old ones from fedora
> 22, and after thar will be checked that everything is fine.

So while the system is upgrading, it's otherwise unusable, just as it
was with preupgrade and fedup.  I'm now in the process of taking my
desktop from F19 to (at least) F22 one step at a time with
fedora-upgrade.  (This was delayed by hardware issues.)  At no time
during the upgrade from 19 to 20 was the computer otherwise unusable,
and there was only one reboot needed, when the process was complete.  It
took several tries because of glitches, such as needing to clear enough
space for it to work, but each time that happened, the cause of the
issue was clear because you could read the error message in the
terminal.  Frankly, this unofficial method looks better to me than the
official one, but YMMV.