How should local repo packages be bootstrapped after an upgrade?

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 12:04:21 UTC 2015

On 5 Nov 2015 11:34 a.m., "Kari Koskinen" <kakoskin at gmail.com> wrote:

>> For the future, I'd like to know if there is a way to go back to the
previous behavior, and proceed with an upgrade to a new release, and ignore
broken dependencies of existing packages for which no update is available,
at the time of the upgrade.

> Dnf does not allow ignoring the broken dependencies. So there is no way
to do updates in the old way using dnf.
> --

The way I go about this sort of behaviour is a local httpd instance I fire
up as a local repo.

My own packages I use mock to build for the new version (heck I've gotten
into the habit of using mock for any package building). Then when
everything is built correctly pop in a repo that dnf system-upgrade can
pick up.

No broken dependencies and everything tested to ensure it builds properly
before the upgrade.