How should local repo packages be bootstrapped after an upgrade?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 5 21:08:18 UTC 2015

On 05/11/15 11:34, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> For the future, I'd like to know if there is a way to go back to
> the previous behavior, and proceed with an upgrade to a new
> release, and ignore broken dependencies of existing packages for
> which no update is available, at the time of the upgrade.

If your packages are allowed in Fedora, Fedora account holders can use
COPR: Cool Other Packages Repository [1]. People use this for testing
latest upstream (git) versions, or where they don't feel they have the
time to officially develop a package and become a Fedora package
maintainer.

Here you can submit either a .src.rpm URL, or upload same from the
COPR web interface. You can then request to build against
current/devel Fedora versions. The rpms are the output, but it also
does createrepo that you can enable in dnf.

Other than that, mock is the answer, and what Fedora packagers use to
test build packages for any version.

Dave.

[1] https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/