alternative to Rhythmbox

Derek Cramer cramerd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 08:53:53 UTC 2015

Given my ongoing issues with Rhythmbox, I've just started using Banshee. It
seems to tick all the boxes that I require anyway. My use case is music
while I work, so I primarily need an unobtrusive player that just sits in
the background and responds to hotkeys/multimedia keys (play/pause & next
are all I need). Replaygain support is a must for me also.MPRIS2 control
via GNOME extension is nice too (
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/55/media-player-indicator/).

It does have smart playlists, and a cursory look at them indicates that it
does what you're looking for.

Regards,
Derek