alternative to Rhythmbox

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 18:15:07 UTC 2015

On 20 November 2015 at 17:15, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-11-20 at 11:32 -0500, Erick Ocrospoma wrote:
>> VLC if you only want to listen or watch your favourite media
>> smoothly.
>
> I have nothing against VLC but if you just want to play videos a good
> alternative is mpv.
>
>> Songbird, if you like to organize your library, and a good-looking
>> tool (looks like iTunes, in some way).
>
> Not in the official repos, and appears to have been discontinued
> (according to Wikipedia).

Nightingale was forked from songbird http://getnightingale.com/ I was
a very keen songbird user at one point, but stopped using it when they
discontinued linux support. Don't think it really lived up to its
promise in the end (some potential for nice playlist support, this was
also when I was more involved in music metadata which is something
songbird could have done well).

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk