[Fedora 23] Installing KDE Plasma as a second Desktop Environment! [bug]

Mihuleac Sergiu mihuleac.sergiu at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 22:38:30 UTC 2015

Hi!
==

I have Fedora 23 installed on a [Lenovo
E540](http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/e-series/e540/#tab-tech_specs)
with the default Gnome 3 Desktop Environment. I was thinking of trying
multiple Desktop Environments, so that I might see what are thee new
breakthroughs. Basically I'm using Gnome for a long time.

What better way to try a new interface then just installing it along
Gnome 3? So I've installed `KDE` using `dnf groupinstall "KDE Plasma
Workspaces"` I was very surprised to find out that after the reboot
`KDE` wold not work ...

What happened is that when I chose to log into `KDE` my screens changes
and the Desktop Background appears the just in a few second I'm back to
the log in screen. No matter how many restarts or how many times i try
the result is the same.

* Is the first time I tried to have multiple Desktop Environments on
Fedora, is this something that happens often or is it because of fedora 23?
* And why wold this happen, all seems very straightforwards.
* Should I make a [bug](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/) report and what
should I write in it?
* What is your experience in having multiple desktop environments on
Fedora?