[Fedora 23] Installing KDE Plasma as a second Desktop Environment! [bug]

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 11:54:51 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-11-23 at 00:38 +0200, Mihuleac Sergiu wrote:
> What happened is that when I chose to log into `KDE` my screens
> changes
> and the Desktop Background appears the just in a few second I'm back
> the log in screen. No matter how many restarts or how many times i
> try
> the result is the same.
>
> * Is the first time I tried to have multiple Desktop Environments on
> Fedora, is this something that happens often or is it because of
> fedora 23?

No.

> * And why wold this happen, all seems very straightforwards.
> * Should I make a [bug](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/) report and what
> should I write in it?
> * What is your experience in having multiple desktop environments on
> Fedora?

I do it quite often. It does work, but you may find that some things
depend on which Desktop *Manager* you use (gdm, kdm, sddm, ...) as they
don't all support each other equally well. The specific manager you're
running (probably gdm for you) doesn't change just because you install
a new Desktop *Environment* but you can do it manually.

If you want to discuss KDE under Fedora I strongly advise subscribing
to the Fedora KDE list, seeĀ https://lists.fedoraproject.org/admin/lists
/kde.lists.fedoraproject.org/

poc