BlueFish - how to access a remote server

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Nov 27 14:51:32 UTC 2015

Allegedly, on or about 27 November 2015, Angelo Moreschini sent:
> The problem is that actually I am  able to access to files in my
> remote site ONLY using using the option File =--> open URL... .
>

> Using this option, I have to indicate the full path of the file that I
> wont download.
> And, i this way, I cannot know where the files are stored on the site
> - at moment I can get only the file index.html.

Look at one of those files in a text editor, where you can see the
source code (I would think there'd be one in the bluefish application,
to let you edit in the raw).  Where you see href= attributes, they point
to other files (pages, images, etc.), and you can find out filepaths and
filenames from there.

There are various website downloading tools, that would let you download
your entire website, automatically following those links for you.

e.g. wget (If I rememeber correctly.)

> I looked for other possibilities to access remote sites, but I didn't
> find others..

"filezilla" supports at least two protocols (FTP and SFTP).

> I read about a possibility to access to web site using an option
> "places", but I am not able to  localize this option on BlueFish...

I am unfamiliar with BlueFish, so can't really advise on using *it*
properly.

Are you working with a free webhost, but the way?  They may only offer
you limited access methods.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.