rpmbuild error

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 18:37:39 UTC 2015

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 07:07:33 -0600, Ranjan Maitra wrote:

> I am sorry I do not quite understand what to do here. Is there an example spec file I can look at for this?
>
> I tried Gordon's suggestion and added:
>

> %install
> install -d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_bindir}
> install -m 755 luskipc $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_bindir}/luksipc
>
> but get:
>
> + cd luksipc-0.04
> + install -d /home/maitra/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/luksipc-0.04-1.fc23.x86_64//usr/bin
> + install -m 755 luskipc /home/maitra/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/luksipc-0.04-1.fc23.x86_64//usr/bin/luksipc
> install: cannot stat 'luskipc': No such file or directory

It's a shocking amount of handholding you need for an issue like this. :-(

First of all, it seems you've made a typo: luskipc vs. luksipc

Secondly, it may be that the built file is not located within the topdir
but some subdir.

Obviously, you can do _anything_ you like in the %install section, such
as entering the directory where the built file is found or adding the file's
path to the install command. The %install section is just a shell script.
Do what's necessary. Get familiar with the extracted source tarball's
directory structure. Understand which files are built and need to be
installed, especially if a Make install target is not available.