rpmbuild error

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 18:31:03 UTC 2015

On 11/30/2015 05:07 AM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> Thanks again (to Gordon also)!
> I am sorry I do not quite understand what to do here. Is there an example spec file I can look at for this?

Start here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package

> but get:
> + cd luksipc-0.04
> + install -d /home/maitra/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/luksipc-0.04-1.fc23.x86_64//usr/bin
> + install -m 755 luskipc /home/maitra/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/luksipc-0.04-1.fc23.x86_64//usr/bin/luksipc
> install: cannot stat 'luskipc': No such file or directory
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.lyU1cP (%install)

I haven't build luksipc, so I know little about the build process. My
suggestion was sort of a rough idea of what would be involved. You need
to look at those commands and understand what they do, though.  The
first one creates a directory tree in which to install the compiled
binary.  The second command copies the binary into place, assuming that
it is "luskipc" inside the build directory (which I misspelled, so
obviously that won't work).  You need to look at the specifics of the
build process and adapt that advice.

> I have put the "new" SPEC file here:
>
> $fpaste luksipc.spec
> Uploading (2.0KiB)...
> WARNING: Could not shorten URL
> http://paste.fedoraproject.org/295774/88887881

My advice would be to never define _unpackaged_files_terminate_build or
_missing_doc_files_terminate_build.  Don't include "buildrequires:
automake" if you don't actually call automake.  Wrap long lines at 72
characters (lines 17 and 20).