PS generated file -> pdftotext -layout and images

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Tue Oct 6 08:44:50 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

Thanks to help from here I've managed to get pseudo printers working with CUPS
to allow Windows PC's to print a document which then gets converted to PDF,
has stationery applied to it, and the result emailed back to the requesting
user.

I'm now on phase 2 of the project which uses

pseudo printer -> ps2pdf -> pdftotext -layout

to generate a text file which then is used to import data into my systems.
This method is because the system that generates the report doesn't have an
export facility.

My only problem with this is that the generating system uses images of a tick
and a cross to indicate some boolean values.

Can anyone suggest how I can convert these ticks and crosses back to their
boolean value?